Drinking excessive alcohol means over consumption. Alcohol consumption is measured in units. (1 Unit of alcohol = 10ml of pure alcohol).
A Small glass of 125ml of wine contains about 1.5 units of alcohol.
Risks Of Over Consumption
Short term risks include:
- Accident and Injuries requires hospital treatment. (Eg. Head Injury)
- Unprotected sex that could lead to sexually transmitted infections or unplanned pregnancy.
- Alcohol poisoning may lead to vomiting, seizures (fits) and falling unconscious.
- Other risks like violent behavior and loss of wallets, mobile phones , Jewellery and keys.
Long term risk includes:
How To Reduce Your Over Risk?
- Don’t drink regularly and not more than 14 units of alcohol a week
- If you drink as much as 14 units a week, it’s best to spread this evenly over three or more days
- If you are trying to reduce the amount of alcohol intake, it’s a good idea.
Click here to book your appointments with expert doctors in visakhapatnam.